What is denture adhesive?
Denture adhesives are designed to hold dentures in place all day to keep you feeling secure and comfortable. They also help to seal out food particles, so you can eat, speak and smile with confidence.
How do denture adhesives work?
Polident Denture Adhesives contain two adhesive polymers, which expand as they absorb saliva. As they expand they interlock, creating a soft, flexible layer between your denture and gums for a comfortable fit and a strong hold and seal.
How do I use denture adhesive?
How to apply Polident Denture Adhesives:
Carefully read all information provided with the product before use.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: At first use a small amount. Use more if needed. Too much adhesive can cause oozing; apply less next time if this occurs. It may take a few tries to find the right amount for your partial/denture. Apply once a day. If you need to apply more than once a day, seek advice from your dental health professional.
- Clean and dry your dentures.
- Apply Polident once a day as shown on pack, not too close to denture edges.
- Rinse mouth before inserting dentures.
- Press dentures into place, hold firmly & bite down for a few seconds to secure hold.
How do I remove denture adhesive?
How to remove Polident Denture Adhesives:
- Swish mouth with warm water.
- Slowly remove denture using a rocking motion.
- Remove adhesive residue from denture & mouth with warm water & soft brush.
- Use Polident Daily Cleanser to thoroughly clean your denture & then rinse with water.
The best way to remove denture adhesive from your gums and mouth is to gently brush your gums and the roof of your mouth with a soft brush and warm water. Remember to always follow the instructions on pack or speak to a dental professional for advice.
When can I start using denture adhesive?
Even well-fitted dentures can take a while to get used to, and using denture adhesive can help to achieve all-day comfort. Once your dentist is happy with the fit of your dentures, you can start using denture adhesives to help hold your dentures firmly in place and to help block out irritating food particles.
Why should I use denture adhesives?
Secure, well-fitting dentures can help you take on everyday life as before, but denture adhesives like Polident can also help to:
- Hold your dentures firmly in place all day, so you can be reassured they won’t move or shift in your mouth
- Boost chewing power and help stop food particles from getting stuck between your gums and dentures. This can help to improve comfort, getting you back to sharing in the joy of food with your family and friends.
- Helps to seal out food particles
What denture adhesive should I be using?
Polident has a range of products so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Using a Polident adhesive product will provide strong all-day hold and help to block out irritating food particles that can cause discomfort.
If you wear dentures, either partial or full, Polident Denture Adhesives can help you to feel comfortable and secure, giving you the confidence to get on with living life to the fullest.